UKATA Asbestos E-Learning
With the ever-growing demand and success of the Internet it was only a matter of time before CBT (Computer Based Training) for Asbestos Awareness became available, or e-learning as it is commonly known as. At Ferncroft we recognise that everyone learns differently, so we have added professional voiceover for audio as well as reading. Call us on 01724 712 663 for more information.
After many years, The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have now recognised e-learning as a suitable vehicle to deliver asbestos awareness training only. Whilst it is not aimed at replacing the face to face classroom training, it does have its advantages, including:
- As a pre-learning to other courses
- Lower cost
- Downtime (being away from the office)
- No additional cost e.g. travel expenses, hotel costs
- Instant UKATA Asbestos Certification
Our UKATA registered, verified and audited course clearly follows the requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and detailed under regulation 10 of the supporting Approved Code of Practice L143 Managing and working with asbestos paragraph 235 Asbestos awareness training and covers the following topics:
- the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant;
- the general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace;
- how to avoid the risks from asbestos, e.g. for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACMs are not present.
If this type of training fits in with your commitments, or you would prefer to take the course in an evening, then this UKATA audited and verified e-learning course is ideal for you.
Prior to purchasing the course, in the interest of transparency, we need to let you know the requirements placed upon us by UKATA, which we must make you aware of is the criteria that they require you to comply with in line with both their and our terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing one of our courses you accept the following terms and conditions.
- You have a suitable environment to take the course, that is indoors, relaxed, with adequate lighting and warmth and without disturbance by others.
- You have a preferred screen size of 250mm (10”)
- Your computer hardware device supports video format.
- Your computer is equipped with speakers so that the candidate can listen to the voice over.
- The eLearning course cannot be fast forwarded, only paused.
- The course is divided into 4 easy to understand modules. At the end of each module there is a short test to test the candidate’s knowledge before proceeding to the next module.
- If for any reason you fail the module the system gives the candidate a further two chance’s by taking the candidate back to the start of that module and a test again, before proceeding to the next module. You have 3 chances on each module.
- On completion of Module 4 you will then have to take the UKATA required final test with 15 questions selected at random from the UKATA question bank.
- The final questions will take a minimum of 20 minutes however you have a maximum allowable time of 40 minutes to complete the exam.
- The pass mark is 80% (12 questions out of 15)
- Failure to achieve the required pass mark will result in the candidate requiring to re-sit the examination under exam conditions.
- If the candidate fails the first attempt they will be given a second chance although you should be aware that because the questions are selected at random they may change from those initially asked.
- If the candidate fails the second attempt then they will be required to re-sit the course in its entirety, which will result in the candidate having to purchase another course.
- Tutor support is available during office hours by contacting the above number.
If you can satisfy the criteria as defined by and laid down by UKATA and the above terms and conditions, then please click the ‘Purchase an e-learning course’ button to purchase and take the course in the comfort of your home or workplace, at a time that suits you.
For ease of purchase, we accept both credit and debit card payments securely supported through Worldpay.
May we wish you every success with your purchase.
The Ferncroft Team